The National Weather Service in Chicago issued a hazardous weather warning for tonight and throughout Friday morning.
Three to six inches of snow is expected to fall throughout the late Thursday evening and into Friday morning, as well as potential lightening. The precipitation may turn into freezing rain by dawn Friday for areas along and south of I-80.
Increased wind speeds may cause blowing snow and decreased visibility, so drivers are urged to use caution on the road, especially during the Friday morning commute.
Get in on the action. Join Patch today.
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- 1 Dead in Weekend Liquor Store Shooting; Police Investigating Witness Accounts
- Megachurch Preacher Convicted of Sex With Minor Sued in Will County
- Burning Issues: Car Fires Afflict the Heights
- Sister of Chicago Heights Mayor Named to School District 170 Board
- Police Investigating Shooting Near Liquor Store