Video: Post Obituaries to Chicago Heights Patch for Free
The death of a loved one is difficult enough to deal with. Sending out a death notice should not be. That's why Patch allows anyone to post obituaries for free.
If you visit Chicago Heights Patch often, you may have seen the weekly roundup of death's and funeral services in the South Suburbs.
What you may not know is that Patch allows users to post obituaries for free. We've tried to make it as easy as possible to relay information about the recent death of a loved one to the community.
Take a look at the video for a quick walk-through on how to use our announcements section to post a death notice.
If you're unable to access the video, here is a step-by-step guide for posting a death notice.
1. Log into your Patch account. You'll need to create an account if you don't have one. All you need is an email address to do this.
2. Go to the News tab and click on Announcements.
3. Click on the "Add and Announcement" button.
4. Select the category "Death Notices"
5. Input the deceased person's name and other information. You could also simply copy and paste a prepared obituary into the description section.
6. Click on "Post an Announcement."
It's that simple.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask them in the comments section of this article or contact Christopher Paicely at email@example.com.