Calling all Chicago Heights photographers! Your city needs you.
The 2014 Annual Chicago Heights Newsletter is being prepared, but it’s in need of a great cover photo. That’s where you come in.
All residents are invited to submit their best photos of the Heights to city hall by Friday, Jan. 10. From there, the mayor’s office will chose the best to be featured on the cover of this year’s city newsletter.
“We prefer photos containing landmarks and recognizable places in Chicago Heights,” reads info on the city website. “Photos taken in public can contain people, but the subject of the photo should not be of any one specific person (like a city official, community leader or public figure). Our city is defined by all of its residents.”
Here are a few more rules:
- All photos must be high resolution (300 ppi)
- Photos can not have been previously published
- Submissions must include the full name of the photographer, a phone number and an email address.
Want to submit a photo? Either:
- Email the photo to CityofChicagoHeights@gmail.com
- OR post the photo to the Chicago Heights Facebook page