Thyme Red Wine Sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 fresh thyme sprigs
- ½ bottle red wine
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a heavy sauce pan, heat oil and sauté onion, carrot, and celery for 5 minutes.
- Add wine and deglaze pan. Scrape bottom of pan with a wooden spoon.
- Add broth broth and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make a quick roux by combining flour with softened butter
- Add roux to saucepan and whisk until fully incorporated.
- Simmer until sauce thickens; strain.
More from Kitchen Daily:
The Secret to Making Creamy Mashed Potatoes
Steakhouse Filet Mignon Recipe
15-Minute Meal: Angel Hair Pasta with Shrimp
This article is part of Mix It Up, an editorial series created in collaboration with AOL's Kitchen Daily and Huffington Post. It is dedicated to making the lives of mothers easier through articles, videos and slideshows focused on simple and creative solutions to everyday challenges. From healthy recipes to exciting ideas for a more balanced lifestyle, this section aims to become a resource for moms everywhere.