1. Bloom (22-3): Lejavius Johnson powered the Bloom past Thornton 58-47. He scored 16 points and grabbed five rebounds. Donald Moore (14 points) and Johnny Griffin (11 rebounds) backed him up. The Blazing Trojans play host to Kankakee in their regular-season finale tonight. Then, it’s on to the Joliet Central Regional Feb. 28.
2. Andrew (22-2): A 3-pointer in the final seconds? Yep. The T-Bolts dropped a 57-55 decision to Thornwood despite strong play from Jubril Adekoya (26 points, 10 rebounds) and Glorind Lisha (10 points). Andrew faces Lincoln-Way Central or Eisenhower in a regional semifinal on its home floor Tuesday, Feb. 28.
3. Marist (23-5): Matt O’Reilly’s 3-point shooting propelled the RedHawks to a 64-37 victory over Joliet Catholic Academy in Marist’s regular season finale. Marist will face rival Brother Rice at 8:10 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 28, in regional play on its home floor.
4. Sandburg (13-10): Brian Dace scored 16 of his 23 points in the first half of Sandburg’s 45-44 victory over Homewood-Flossmoor. The Eagles play host to Lincoln-Way Central at 6:30 tonight and then turn their thoughts to regional play.
5. Brother Rice (16-9): It’s a non-stop magic act here. Alex Majewski scored 25 points and pulled down 14 rebounds in the Crusaders’ 62-45 victory over Loyola. Brother Rice closes out the regular season by playing host to Fenwick at 7:30 tonight.
Next best in alphabetical order: Homewood-Flossmoor, Marian Catholic, Oak Lawn, Richards, Stagg.
(Covering the following Patch communities: Chicago Heights, Evergreen Park, Frankfort, Homewood-Flossmoor, Mokena, New Lenox, Oak Forest, Oak Lawn, Orland Park, Palos, Tinley Park and the neighboring private schools that draw students from those communities).