Do you feel bad for the Jacksons?
If so, you're probably in the vast minority. All across the south suburbs and Chicago, residents are responding rather unsympathetically to defamed former Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. and his wife Sandi's sentencing yesterday.
Nearly all the readers on our Southland Patch Facebook pages shared similar sentiments seen in the WGN television spot above. In many cases, they were much stronger:
- That's not even a punishment
- I'd love to steal over 750k and not get more than 3 years.. If I stole a bazooka joe gum I'd probably get more time
- Got away with their crime!
- sandi and jesse jr both suck. dont understand how a couple who has a combined income of a six figure salary of $350,000 needs to steal. they should be ashamed of themselves. it is disgusting how people can be so greedy. sandi should have gotten more time to serve she got it too easy.
- Not a long enough sentence for that much money. I bet he runs again when he gets out and the sheep will vote him back in. Sad!!!
- Should have been more time!!!
- I'm happy with the decision.
- I'd say they got off easy.
- Its a slap on the wrist and a slap in the face for all those who voted for them.
- Not that I was a big fan of Gov. Blago.....but he talked about selling the Senate seat and he's doing what....like 14 years? These two actually steal money, buy stuff for themselves, fake their tax returns, etc., etc. and they are getting hardly any time. Plus, they don't have to pay back the 750 thousand. What's up with that????
- I was amused that they kept talking about how going to prison would hurt their children. Years of theft and now they worry abou their children? They will use any excuse not to spend more time in jail
- should be longer!
- They deserve it ..... Feel bad for the kids !
- Justice wasn't served here, they got a combined 42 months! They ROBBED the American people! Both should have gotten WAY more time! End of story!