Here's what going on in Chicago Heights and the surrounding area this weekend.
- The Weeds, Live at Twisted Q: Classic Folk and Acoustic Rock from the '60s and '70s. Show begins at 8 p.m. at Twisted Q BBQ, 2053 Ridge Rd. in Homewood. $8 cover.
- Flossmoor Farmers Market: Every Friday behind the Flossmoor Public Library. From 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Black Sabbath (Classic Rock): The rock legends will be preforming live at the First Midwest Bank Amphitheater at 7:30 p.m. Get tickers here.
- Self Defense for Senior Citizens: Develop confidence and increase your safety throughout your daily routines with this free class.
- Chicago Heights Corner Market, Chicago Heights: Every Saturday from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at 160 West Joe Orr Road, Chicago Heights.
- Critter Corral: Critter Corral Guinea Pig Rescue will be at Tractor Supply in nearby St. John, Indiana (9957 Earl Drive) this coming Saturday from 10 a.m. 'till 4 p.m.
- Trap-Neuter-Return Workshop: For those looking to help outdoor cats. Meeting begins at 10:30 a.m. at South Suburban Humane Society in Chicago Heights.
- Lunch with Rocky Raccoon: Irons Oaks invites parents and kids to come out to the environmental learning center for lunch and activities.
- Homewood Farmers Market: Every Saturday at Harwood Ave. and Chestnut Rd. from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Rascal Flatts (Country): The popular country group will perform at First Midwest Bank Amphitheater at 6 p.m. Get tickets here.
- Habitat for Humanity Home Ownership Orientation: For those looking to learn more about owning their own home. 10 a.m. at New Faith Baptist Church.
What are you doing this weekend? Tell us in the comments.