- Chamber of Commerce Oktoberfest (Day 1): Enjoy two days of authentic German food, imported beer, live music and shopping at Glenwoodie Golf Club. Event sponsored by the Homewood Area Chamber of Commerce and the Village of Glenwood.
- Live Music at Twisted Q BBQ: This week, it's country night at the Twisted Q Listening Room. Mandy Z of Rural Route 1 Band is returning to the Southland for a "Back to Basics" acoustic set. Check out her music here.
- Flossmoor Farmers Market: Every Friday behind the Flossmoor Public Library. From 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- WoodsTALK: Teen Music and Art Festival: Local teen art and leadership organization TALK is hosting it's biggest event yet—a day-long party filled with local talent, food and drink to raise money for the organization. Begins in the parking lot in front of the former Bogart's at noon.
- Chamber of Commerce Oktoberfest (Day 2): Enjoy two days of authentic German food, imported beer, live music and shopping at Glenwoodie Golf Club. Event sponsored by the Homewood Area Chamber of Commerce and the Village of Glenwood.
- Homewood Community Blood Drive: All donors get a voucher for a free Culver's Butterburger. Walk-ins welcome. Hosted By The First Presbyterian Church of Homewood.
- Perk Your Parks Day at Olympia Fields Park District: A day dedicated to the beautification of Olympia Fields Park District's most popular parks. Call 708-481-7313 to volunteer.
- Flamenco Passion: Queijos - Cries in the Air at GSU: "Take an emotional journey with Chicago’s own Studio Mangiameli through the musical landscape of Spain." Pre-show wine and tapas included with ticket purchase.
- Chicago Heights Family Camp Out: Pack your blankets, snacks,and PJ's for a fun family weekend. Free tent rentals for the first 20 families to sign up. Call 708-755-1351 for more info.
- Homewood Farmers Market: Every Saturday at Harwood Ave. and Chestnut Rd. from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Woodland Pumpkin Hunt at Irons Oaks: "We'll play some games, share a snack and decorate pumpkins, too!" Runs from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. Make sure to register by Friday, Oct. 11. Call 708-481-2330 for more information.
- North American Reptile Breeders Conference & Trade Show: "Cold-blooded creatures return to Chicago the weekend of October 12th with the North American Reptile Breeders Conference & Trade Show. Open to the public, this high quality, captive-bred-only reptile show brings together top dealers from across the country offering thousands of exotic and pet-friendly 'herps.'"
More Weekend Goodies:
Wanna get out of town? Here's what's going on in the city this weekend.
Looking to catch a flick? Plan ahead with this weekend's movies.
Bored? Make apple pie.
Need a dinner destination suggestion? Try Homestead.
What are you doing this weekend? Tell us in the comments.