Here's what going on in Homewood, Flossmoor, Chicago Heights and the surrounding area this weekend.
- "The Machine" National Juried Exhibit Opening Reception: Held at Union Street Gallery in Chicago Heights. Begins at 6 p.m. Donations appreciated.
- Knitting Sit-In: Exactly what it sounds like. For all ages. Begins at 10 a.m. at the Flossmoor Public Library.
- Flossmoor Farmers Market: Every Friday behind the Flossmoor Public Library. From 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- South Suburban Humane Society's Annual Bark Walk: The second biggest SSHS fundraiser of the year. Begins at 9 a.m. in Irwin Park in Homewood.
- Jim Witter: The Long and Winding Road (Concert Performance): Lennon and McCartney Come to Life at GSU’s Center for Performing Art. Begins at 8 p.m. Tickets available online.
- Chicago Heights Corner Market, Chicago Heights: Every Saturday from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at 160 West Joe Orr Road, Chicago Heights.
- Flossmoor Fall Family Campout: The annual family event is now in its seventh year! Expect a cookout, campfire, family games and movies. Residents and non-residents welcome. Tent rentals available.
- Fall Fishing Derby: Try your luck at catching the biggest fish in your age group! Begins at 10:30 a.m. at Dolphin Lake, Homewood.
- Homewood Farmers Market: Every Saturday at Harwood Ave. and Chestnut Rd. from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Wanna get out of town? Here's what's going on in the city this weekend!
What are you doing this weekend? Tell us in the comments.